Two new reports outline the importance of crafting the right policies to capitalize on America’s vast wealth in shale natural gas.
An American Chemistry Council (ACC) analysis points to rich capital investments and job gains to be realized in that sector because of abundant, affordable supplies of shale natural gas:
- $71.7 billion in chemical industry investments publicly announced through the end of March.
- 46,000 new chemical industry jobs by 2020.
- 264,000 jobs in supplier industries by 2020.
- 226,000 induced jobs in communities where chemical industry workers spend their wages.
- $20 billion in federal, state and local tax revenue.
ACC President and CEO Cal Dooley:
“The United States has become a magnet for chemical industry investment, a testament to the fav... more »