For the state of Michigan, the oil and natural gas industry currently means:
- More than 162,000 jobs statewide – with an average salary of $62,408 for non-gas station oil and natural gas employees.
- $8.3 billion contributed to labor income.
- $16.8 billion contributed to the state’s economy.
With sensible energy development and sound tax policies, here’s what the oil and natural gas industry could mean to Michigan:
- Nearly 2,500 additional jobs created by 2015.
- More than 4,400 additional jobs by 2020.
Energy works in Michigan, with the men and women of the oil and natural gas industry playing a critical role in that state’s economy. See more, here.