For the state of Ohio, the oil and natural gas industry currently means:
- More than 230,800 statewide jobs provided or supported – with an average salary of $68,256 for non-gas station oil and natural gas employees.
- $11.4 billion contributed to state labor income.
- $22.7 billion contributed to the state’s economy.
With sensible energy development and sound tax policies, here’s what the oil and natural gas industry could mean to Ohio:
- 2,751 additional jobs created by 2015
- 6,437 additional jobs created by 2020
Energy works in Ohio, with the men and women of the oil and natural gas industry playing a critical role in that state’s economy. See more, here.