American-made energy. With the Energy Information Administration projecting that the United States will need more than 16 percent additional energy by 2035, the idea that we could, before then, see 100 percent of our liquid fuel needs met domestically and from Canada is huge. Make that gigantic.
Increased access to American energy resources is the key. API’s recent report to the two political parties’ platform committees marks the way – offshore:
- Open the eastern Gulf of Mexico to oil and natural gas exploration and development
- Open the Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf
- Open the Pacific Outer Continental Shelf
- Open the 1002 Area within the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska
- Open portions of the Rocky Mountains
- Lift New York state’s drilli... more »