Here’s what the oil and natural gas industry currently means to the state of Florida:
- More than $18 billion contributed to the economy.
- More than $10 billion contributed to labor income.
- More than 230,000 jobs provided or supported by the industry, with an average salary for non-gas station oil and natural gas employees of $61,388.
Even better – here’s what the oil and natural gas industry could mean to Florida with sensible energy development and sound tax policies:
- More than 84,000 additional jobs created by 2015 and more than 131,000 additional jobs created by 2030.
- An average of $1.3 billion of new, additional revenue to the state every year through 2030.
Let’s put that second figure in perspective: An additional $1.3 billion each year would be enough to c... more »